Further Learning and References
NYCSG-Dutch Photogrammetry Syllabus Recap
Dutch Springs, Bethlehem PA Saturday, June 1st 8am-6pm
Are you ready to take your shipwreck diving and survey skills to the next level, or just curious about art in rapid digital survey? Building on introductory techniques covered at the last BTS workshop, we will review current survey techniques before practicing rapid photogrammetric 3D survey. With little more than a camera, a laptop, and a bit of know-how, you will build scaled-3D models right after your dive! Handouts will be provided, so you can have a guide for the future.
Registration: Currently full - looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Must be a current NYCSG member with all waivers up-to-date.
Workshop schedule for Saturday, June 1
· 8:00 – 9:00: Arrival and Setup at Dutch Springs (tent #P1, Peninsula-side, near water)
· 9:00 – 10:00: Lecture, Briefing, Surface Drills
· 10:00 – 10:30: Gear-up and buddy checks
· 10:30 – 11:30: Platform, statuette model dive, 25ft for 30~40 minutes, expected temp ~60˚F
· 11:30 – 12:00: Lunch break, download photos
· 12:00 – 12:30: Briefing for Comet wreck dive
· 12:30 – 13:00: Gear-up and buddy checks
· 13:00 – 14:00: Comet wreck survey dive, 60ft for 30~40 minutes, ~50˚F(optional dive, class photos available)
· 14:00 – 15:00: Debrief, gear-down, download, packing
· 15:00 – 17:00: Downloads, modeling, rendering, in covered pavilion benches with power outlets
· 17:00+: Dinner at the nearby Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet
Dive Conditions and Notes:
· Discount Dutch admission coupons are included with sign-up!
· Shallow statuettes modeling: ~60˚F water temperature at 25 ft. A 7mm wetsuit will be fine for most.
· Deeper (optional) shipwreck modeling: ~50˚F water temperature at Comet, 60~65 ft. A 7mm+ wetsuit or drysuit is highly recommended.
1. Current NYCSG membership, with waiver on-file (before sign-up!)
2. Mac or PC, running Windows 7, 10, or OS X, recommended: ≥ 8 GB RAM and ≥ 3 GHz CPU.
a. If you’re not able to bring a computer, you can still work with others!
b. Metashape Pro Trial software, installed, activated, and tested
3. Underwater camera (yes, even a GoPro or smartphone in a housing will work just fine)